Re: RMS is at it again

"H . J . Lu" wrote:
> 2. Patches took a long time to get checked in. It is getting better
> in the last few weeks. But I don't know if it will happen again.

I can't see how a steering committee can help. GCC is a good example of a
case when a steering committee can be beneficial, but it definitely doesn't
do anything to help patch approval. That can only be helped by delegating
maintainership of certain components within glibc, but with patches still
posted to the list of course. I know this happens to a small extent now,
but perhaps Ulrich could consider widening it.

One thought though - the biggest obstacle to wider contributions I can see
is that libc-hacker is a closed list. And libc-hacker is where it all
happens.

Jifl