Re: tst-aio - new version - reveals a bug in glibc

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> here're new tests for aio.  The second aio_cancel call fails with:
> Didn't expect signal from child: got `Segmentation fault'

That was a show.  Thanks for bringing this up that late.  So I had to
stay up and fix it.  Oh well, who needs more than 5 hours of sleep.

The AIO code contained lots of bugs.  I cannot believe nobody hit them
before.  The cancelation handling was completely broken.

But also your test patch had some bugs.  Please look at the version I
checked in.

Meanwhile I'm a little bit more confident that implementation is not
completely broken.  There is one strange thing though: reading the
current XPG6 draft it says for aio_cancel() that no fields but
aio_fildes and aio_sigevent are used.  This is strange since at least
aio_reqprio should be used as well.  Otherwise queuing the request is
difficult.  This wording is also not present in POSIX-1.

Mark: it's probably something that has to be brought up in the AG.

PS: The changelog entry associated with this change was #4000.