Re: next test release (5th)

 > Hi,

 > I have only one bigger problem: H.J. Lu's patch for sunrpc/udp
 > (IP_PKTINFO) patch does not seem to work on big endian platforms.

 > The server sends the data to the network, but the client never
 > becomes the answer. I will try to look at it, but I don't know
 > anything about IP_PKTINFO.

 > The other problem I found is the nscd interface. It seems it is
 > incompatible between 32bit and 64bit platforms. This will be a
 > problem with all the upcoming platforms which support 32 and 64bit
 > binaries. But I don't think that we need to solve it now. I even
 > don't know where the problem is.

nscd_client.h has:
typedef struct
{
  int version;		/* Version number of the daemon interface.  */
  request_type type;	/* Service requested.  */
  ssize_t key_len;	/* Key length.  */
} request_header;

ssize_t is different on 32 and 64-bit platforms - also request_type
might be different (I'm not sure about this one).  Best is to use some
lines of code like the following to check this (but this might not
show all problems):

  printf ("sizof file_entry: %Zd\n", sizeof (request_header));
  printf ("offsetof key_len: %Zd\n", offsetof (request_header, key_len));

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de