Re: next test release (5th)

> Because people then want to run the old and the new version at the
> same time and complain then about inconsistencies or other problems.

I would expect more hassles from the current situation.  The client code
has to be very careful to recognize talking to an old nscd and punt it or
whatever.  If that code is not quite careful enough, people will have
confusing failures.  If it is perfectly careful, people will wind up having
no nscd caching being used when they think it should be.  Anyone with
statically linked programs, or a need to keep glibc-2.1 around, will need
to find a way to run the old nscd as well unless the new one is backward
compatbile for old clients.

Noone will want to run two nscd versions unless they want to run two libc
versions, and in that case they already have a lot of subtle issues to be
aware of and can't expect much help from us.