back to work

As you might have seen already, I'm back.  After about 5 hours of
sighting mail I started applying patches.  Including the PA stuff.

One of Jakub's patches showed problems on x86.  But this wasn't his
fault (at least not entirely :-).  The changes finally help me to
track down the problems with __printf_fphex.  There were three of them:

- the length of the decimal point string was not always computed correctly

- when precision was used, it was mostly incorrect

- computing of the wide char buffer size was wrong for all archs which
  have specific printf_fphex files

Having found these problems lets me sleep quite well since now it can
be explained why some people had problems on Alphas (problems ==
crashes).

I have a few more patches in the backlog.  I'll try to look at them
tomorrow.  Once this is done we might want to think about one more
test release soon and then within set a date for 2.2.