Re: question about gettext language selection

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> I have a problem with gettext: Shouldn't setlocale (LC_ALL, "some
> language")  (or LC_MESSAGE) set the language for gettext?

Well, in theory yet.  This is what the code in guess_category_value is
supposed to do.  We've never added the defined _LIBC case.

If we make this change (which would be how catopen() works with
NL_CAT_LCOALE) some applications which currently are internationalized
because they are using gettext() will suddenly not be if they are not
using setlocale().  Think about libc messages.

I guess we can risk it.