Re: struct gmon_cg_arc_record

   From: Jes Sorensen <jes@linuxcare.com>
   Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:07:12 +0100

   Ian> Yuck.  If we're going to touch this, can't we avoid
   Ian> sizeof(char*)?  It prevents cross-configurations, and there is no
   Ian> particular reason to believe that it is correct on any given
   Ian> system.  At the very least make it something which can be
   Ian> configured for a particular system, rather than trusting that the
   Ian> compiler and the C library agree on this size.

   I wasn't aware of these cross compiler issues hence the reason why I
   used the char * approach. How do you recommend we fix this then,
   sizeof(unsigned long), new data type, use the glibc provided headers
   if available?

I recommend making the size of the fields a value substituted by
configure.  That will permit us to set the size based on the
configuration target.  Use the current defaults.

If glibc has header files which define the appropriate size, or
something, then we can use them if available when configured for a
native system.

Ian