Re: glibc 2.2 and netscape on SPARC

   Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:08:49 +0100
   From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de>

   has anybody ever tried netscape with glibc 2.2 on SPARC ? It does
   not work for me, it always crashes with a bus error right after
   start.  No window and no usefull data to start debugging.

I hadn't noticed this.

My initial guess is that there is some dependency on the pre-rt_signal
signal delivery mechanism on linux-sparc.  The core dumps I get show
it the rt signal trampoline in the backtrace, so...

The only other oddity of the netscape binary we use on linux/sparc is
that it needs to LD_PRELOAD libBrokenLocale but the crash is triggered
even if one does not do this.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com