Re: [Patch] rexec check for sockaddr length

On Sat, Apr 07, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> writes:
>
> > I have a patch for the rexec() function. Through the changed size
> > of sockaddr_in6 between kernel 2.2 and 2.4 this check will always
> > fail with IPv6 on kernel 2.2.
>
> That's life.  All IPv6 code fails on 2.2 kernels.  If people want IPv6
> they have to use 2.4 kernels.

This is a stupid  answer which has nothing to do with
reallity. The code is wrong. Independent which kernel you are
using. With my fix you don't get bogus and wrong error messages
on every kernel and as nice side effect it works on 2.2, too.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg