Re: 2.2.3 release and what follows

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> I'm interested in rewriting some parts of the resolver to address some of
> the issues we've discussed before (you suggested that a rewrite of some
> of the parts would be needed). Mainly things like IPv6/IPv4 lookup ordering
> for AF_UNSPEC.

Good.  I'm looking forward to this.  I've talked with a few people
about this.  They've been sceptical to do anything without the ISC (or
Vixie) being involved.  I'm sceptical about exactly the opposite.  I
found Vixie impossible to work with.  Whatever you do, please keep me
informed closely.  There are a few additional things which should be
done (like integrating the asynchronous lookup without requiring extra
threads).