Re: librt.so issues

> So isn't the librt.so linker script the right solution then?  I mean the
> fact that -lrt uses -lpthread for its job is its implementation detail.

For that very reason I don't think the linker script is right.  The
librt.so binary could very well be replaced with a fully ABI-compatible one
that does not use libpthread in its implementation.

Ideally librt.so.1's dependency on libpthread.so.0 would make this work out
right.  But I guess it doesn't because the program's own breadth-first
dependency order will put libc before libpthread.

It seems to me that for this sort of thing to really work properly,
all of libc's definitions that might be overridden by libpthread must be weak.