Re: glob must not call globfree

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

|> I don't have the spec handy but it seems unlikely to me that a caller
|> getting GLOB_NOSPACE is expected to call globfree.  Are you sure?

Here is the quote from the standard:

RETURN VALUE

       Upon successful completion, glob() shall return 0. The argument
       pglob->gl_pathc shall return the number of matched pathnames and
       the argument pglob->gl_pathv shall contain a pointer to a
       null-terminated list of matched and sorted pathnames. However, if
       pglob->gl_pathc is 0, the content of pglob->gl_pathv is undefined.

       The globfree() function shall not return a value.

       If glob() terminates due to an error, it shall return one of the
       non-zero constants defined in <glob.h>. The arguments
       pglob->gl_pathc and pglob->gl_pathv are still set as defined above.

Andreas.

SuSE GmbH, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg