Re: patch for PR 2632

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 19:07, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 07:11:01PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> > Is the value returned by __builtin_frame_address
> > useful for anything?
>
> No, not really.  Its meaning changes too much between targets.

What I actually meant was whether the return value of
__builtin_frame_address(0) on Arm is useful for anything.  Note Philip's
patch where he had to post-process the value before it could be used.
If the immediate return value isn't useful, why not change gcc to
perform the operation which is now done in the glibc code?