Re: hack to get sysinfo initialized

  Uli> LinuxThreads for x86 is meant for compatibility and adding something
  Uli> like this which isn't very often just doesn't seem necessary.  If you
  Uli> have a new kernel you want to run a decent thread library.

Sure, I'd love to.  I thought the ia64 NPTL bits weren't quite ready yet.
But yes, it will be nice to have it.

  Uli> There is no fundamental problem but it might just open another
  Uli> can of worms (i.e., it needs testing).

I can see that, but unless I'm missing something, the sysinfo member
is always there in the thread descriptor.  Leaving it uninitialized
seems more dangerous than initializing it with a sane value, no?

	--david