apology for the tone

I'm writing this e-mail to apologize to all of you who have watched my
yesterday's e-mail exchange with Uli.  It must be sad to watch two
grown-ups behave like that.  This discussion brought out the worst in
me.  I should be sorry and ashamed, and I am.  You all who didn't
deserve the tone of my postings, please accept my apologies.  I wish I
could promise it won't happen again, but all I can promise with some hope
of living up to is to try.

Thanks for your understanding.