Re: FR-V PLT audit

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:19:26PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I think the intent there was just that the structure member names match the
> names of the entry point symbols in the audit library.  The reason the API
> for those functions uses a different name for each CPU is that the
> signature and what you need to know to implement it also differ for each
> CPU.  It is not something that is ever used generically like sigcontext and
> jmp_buf are.

Possibly, but in practice it seems like you'll wind up with a lot
of commonality in the actual implementations, and thence a lot of
macro hackery to try to cope with the gratuitous name changes.

It's not like you'll have mips and i386 versions in the same binary
in the first place, and therefore no need to make sure that the two
are in separate namespaces.

r~