Re: Running the tests

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Ryan Arnold <ryan.arnold@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org> wrote:
>  > I'm building glibc from CVS and getting test failures. Each time I run "make
>  > check" it seems to carry on from the last failure; is there a way to stop
>  > this so I can repeatedly run the last failing test and try to see what the
>  > problem is?
>
>  Rueben,
>
>  What I usually do is copy the output of the make check fragment that
>  failed out into a shell script and then execute that as many times as
>  I need.
>
>  I think you may also be able to remove the test .o files.

Remove the '*.out' file associated with the test and a "make check"
will rerun that test and then continue onward. For example the
tst-vfork test creates a tst-vfork.out result file.

I don't recommend that though, I recommend running "make -k check >
check.log", reviewing *all* the test results. Find the command in
check.log that ran the failing test and as Ryan says, run it over and
over to do the debugging. The command will take the form of
"/path/to/new/ld.so --library-path /paths/to/new/libs test-binary."

Cheers,
Carlos.