building only libm from glibc source

Hi all,

I'm porting Debian to the Interix platform, see
http://www.debian-interix.net

On Interix the system libm is buggy, so I need a replacement. My idea is to only build the libm part out of the glibc sources, but unfortunately this doesn't seem that easy. There seem to be many dependencies to the libc part. I'm only interested in the libm.a and libm.so files, I currently don't need to build/install the glibc headers. Any help here in how to get that working would be appreciated.

Building the whole glibc is a long-term issue, as I think this won't get easy. (The system libc misses several features, so having glibc would be a benefit.)

To overcome the system libm bugs I currently use libm from newlib, but unfortunately this one has other bugs, too, so I now think it's necessary to try glibc's libm.

Thanks in advance

Martin