Re: How to build 32 bit glibc in a 64 bit host ?

On 4 Jul 2008, Metuki Sabhe spake thusly:

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Nix <nix@esperi.org.uk> wrote:
>> `i386-linux' is appropriate only if you're trying to build on an actual
>> i386. Those systems indeed cannot support TLS.
>>
>> You probably want to specify --build i686-pc-linux-gnu at the very
>> least.
>
> I want to get the exact result that is built on a 32-bit system.
>
> Should I give i686-pc-linux-gnu ? or is it even possible to get the
> exact result ?

There might be tiny differences due to differences in the way GCC was
built (so the startup files and libgcc differ), but it should be
basically the same. (It's really --host you're likely to be interested
in, though that is defaulted from --build: the host machine is used to
set the set of sysdeps directories from which source is acquired during
building.)