Re: ftell broken when using fopencookie?

libc-help-owner@sourceware.org wrote on 05/07/2008 22:35:00:

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 4:48 AM,  <tvrtko.ursulin@sophos.com> wrote:
> > I was playing with fopencookie yesterday and it looks like ftell()
does
> > not work properly with those streams.
>
> The thread you mention ends with the author explaining that his codeis
wrong.
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2005-04/msg00055.html
>
> If you think something is broken you will need to present the following:
> 1. Expected behaviour.
> 2. Observed behaviour.
> 3. Test case.

Somehow when reading the original thread I failed to spot the last
message. I have fixed my code to update the *position variable as passed
into the cookie seek function and now it behaves as intended.

Sorry for the noise!

Tvrtko

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon,
OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.

Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.