Re: Recompiling sysdeps .S files

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Rodrigo Dominguez <roddomi@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I modified memcpy in string/memcpy.c. I would like to rebuild glibc to
> include my changes. I noticed that the "configure/make/make install"
> building process uses the .S files under sysdeps. How can I recompile these
> files to include my changes? I imagine there is a way to do this using make?

The .S files in the machine sysdep directories are optimized assembly
implementations of the similarly named .c file.

The sysdep directories are scanned last, and if they contain alternate
implementations, they are used in preference to the generic one.

In order to use your string/memcpy.c, you need to remove all memcpy.S
files for your machine, and then rebuild.

Cheers,
Carlos.