call sigaction at the very start of __libc_start_main

Hi,

I am working on IA-64 and gcc-4.1.1 with glibc-2.5.

my goal is to register a new signal handler at the very start of application.

for dynamic-linked application, I call sigaction at the end of dl_start, which now works fine.

but for static-linked application, I call sigaction at the start of __libc_start_main, but it generates a segment fault afterwards, I trace the fault, found that the address seems OK (but I cannot use gdb to see that address)... so did I miss anything or should I call sigaction after a specific point in __libc_start_main?

Any help is truly appreciated :-)

yours sincerely

Andrew