Re: inlining failed

On 29 Nov 2008, Dominik Táborsk told this:

> I think the -fno-stack-protector is also needed to compile glibc, but so
> far, no matter how hard I've tried, how long I have been googling this,
> I just can't get it compiled...

I posted a patch a while back that allows glibc to build and pass all
but one of its tests with stack protection turned on in CFLAGS, which
might help. Let's see, ah, here:

<http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2008-07/msg00062.html>

(2.8, sorry: I'm about to update it to 2.9.)

Nobody commented, not even with regard to the apprarent stack corruption
in strtol() spotted by running the testsuite with the stack protector on.