Re: Creating glibc-devel rpm after modifying glibc src.rpm

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Daniel De La Zerda
<ddelazerda007@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the pointer but that's not what I was looking for. I know how to build the new source rpm and the binary rpm by doing "rpmbuild -ba my-glibc.spec" as I pointed out in the first e-mail. I would like now to build the development rpm i.e. "devel" rpm with some new specific functinality I added to the glibc source. Does any one else have any other suggestions on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel

There is no archetypal GLIBC devel rpm.  Binary distribution of GLIBC
is handled by the Linux OS distributions and they all decided based
upon their own criteria what goes into those rpms.  Look at your
distro of choice, see the spec file for their GLIBC devel rpms and add
your files to the target list.

Ryan S. Arnold