Re: librt and libpthread in alternate prefix

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Poor Yorick
<org.sourceware.libchelp@pooryorick.com> wrote:
> Executables, particularly those that might be used as interpreters on a #!
> line, need to be executables, not wrappers. ?I suppose I could write a
> wrapper as a small C program, but surely there is some other way?

You don't need to adjust the glibc build. I think your best option,
and the option I would choose myself, is to use a small C program. If
you have any questions while writing the small C program, please feel
free to post to the list.

Years ago I had several friends working on LSB (linux standard base)
related projects and they needed to do exactly what you wanted, in the
end the solution they came up with was 1) Replace the system
/bin/ld.so with a custom binary that knows which executable should use
which glibc version, and correctly executes a binary with it's
associated runtime.

Cheers,
Carlos.