Re: glibc2.3.2, linux 2.4.18, and TLS

Justin,

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, I need to get this to work
with glibc 2.3.2 because I need to install it on a system with a 2.4.18
kernel and no NPTL.  When you said you'd gotten this working with "the
latest", I thought you meant "the latest 2.3.2" (which I was assuming
might have included patches that were released for 2.3.2).

I'm assuming I need to stick with 2.3.2 because a) NPTL was added to glibc
in 2.3.3, and b) my understanding is that NPTL-based glibc won't work with
a 2.4.18 kernel.  I've read of patches to add NPTL support to "2.4
kernels", but haven't been able to find any such patch for 2.4.18.

Thanks,
Bryan