Re: does glibc "make check" run any C++ test cases?

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 8:08 AM, John Lumby <johnlumby@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I ask because recently after building and installing my own glibc 2.11.1,? including 100% success reported on the make check,?? compilation of certain c++ programs? (including some very basic examples) started failing.???? I appreciate that the purpose of glibc test cases is to test glibc code,?? and compilation of a c++ program is primarily a gcc task;???? but, like it or not,? compilation of c++ programs does involve glibc code and header files,?? and in my case it was the change of glibc level which gave rise to the failure,?? so it seems to me it would help if there were just a couple of basic c++ programs in the test bucket.
>
> (I found out the cause of the failure and fixed it and not complaining about that,? but would have preferred it be found in make check.).

This isn't the normal toolchain build and test procedure.

After build glibc, you need to rebuild gcc with the new glibc and run
the C++ and C++ Library testsuite to check for errors.

Building and testing an entire toolchain is hard. No single testsuite
is designed to catch all errors.

Cheers,
Carlos.