Re: if pthread_mutexattr_setrobust_np is set, process will hang in multi process system. in glibc -2.5

Our is a platform application, we will give few libraries to the top
layer application to use the services by our platform. Now to upgrade
to new version of glibc and changes in the compiler is a problem. Also
this pthread lock are in side the libraries we provide.

Still i wonder, as i mentioned in my previous mail, why the robust
flag started working once i set the protocol priority to
PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT.  will this affect normal working of my
application.

Thanks
Guruswamy

--