Re: libc cross compile issue.

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM, tom st denis wrote:
> I'm suspecting that I'm doing something wrong during my config steps
> because why would it assume it can link apps for the target platform
> before building glibc?

because you need a gcc before you can compile glibc.  rather than
trying to help every person try and figure out how to cross-compile
stuff, it's almost always a better idea to use crosstool(-ng) to
create the cross-compiler for you.  it takes care of all the random
issues that cross-compiler creation runs into.

if you're actually interested in the internals, you might want to refer to:
http://embedded.gentoo.org/handbook/?part=1&chap=2#doc_chap3
-mike