Re: MIPS port fails to compile with --disable-shared?

On 08/18/11 11:42, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On 8/18/2011 2:31 PM, Bryan Ischo wrote:
For what its worth, the ia64 port looks like it would be subject to
the same problem, but I have not verified this with a build.
You are attempting things that most people don't try, therefore
there may be some configurations that just don't build without fixes.

Thank you for your response. Yes, looking into the dusty corners of the GNU compiler toolchain is revealing some unusual problems for sure.

The particular code you reference is used to do some initialization
required for a static program to use dlopen to load a shared library.

However, you disabled shared library support when building glibc
therefore you might need some additional #ifdefs around there to
prevent this code from being pulled in.

Thanks for the info - in fact, putting the #ifdef SHARED guard in the header file to match the source seems to have worked.

I will be submitting this patch among several other patches that I expect to submit once I have verified the end-to-end process of bootstrapping the toolchain with these fixes in place.

Thank you!
Bryan