Is it feasible to build pthread library separated from the whole libc?

Hello!

I need to build a pthread library for Android. I know this target
already contains the most of pthread's functionality incorporated in
bionic. But there are some functions omitted in android's libc which
are crucial for me. I'm thinking of cutting out the most pthread's
functionality (which exists in bionic) and build it without building
the whole libc. Something like "$LIBC_SRS/build/make pthreads". In
other words I don't need to build entire libc, but only pthread. If
course I assume that I have all necessary headers (bionic, kernel) and
libraries in a target's $SYSROOT.
Actually I'm full of doubt about feasibility of such a hack, but just
in case... May be anybody have any idea on this score?

Thank You!

--
Alexey Umnov