Re: checking sysdep dirs... configure: error: The arm is not supported

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Hua Li <privatestuffs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I was trying to configure Glibc-2.14, but got an error:
>
> [point@digital build]$ ?CC=arm-linux-gcc AR=arm-linux-ar
> RANLIB=arm-linux-ranlib ../glibc-2.14/configure --host=arm-linux
> --prefix=/home/point/armtools/arm-linux --enable-add-ons
> --with-header=/home/point/armtools/arm-linux/include
> configure: WARNING: if you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
> ? ?If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used
> checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking for arm-linux-gcc... arm-linux-gcc
> checking whether arm-linux-gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking for arm-linux-gcc option to accept ISO C89... unsupported
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... arm-linux-gcc -E
> checking for arm-linux-g++... arm-linux-g++
> checking whether arm-linux-g++ accepts -g... yes
> configure: running configure fragment for add-on libidn
> configure: running configure fragment for add-on linuxthreads
> linuxthreads disabled because nptl add-on is also in use
> configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
> checking for assembler gnu_indirect_function symbol type support... no
> checking whether .text pseudo-op must be used... yes
> checking for assembler global-symbol directive... .globl
> checking for assembler .type directive prefix... %
> checking sysdep dirs... configure: error: The arm is not supported.
>
> How to fix this? Thanks.

Support for compiling GLIBC for ARM GNU/Linux (arm-none-linux-gnueabi)
is provided by the ports add-on.

You need to download the ports tarball, unpack it, and symlink it into
your glibc directory as "ports".

Then enable it (and NPTL) with the configuration option
`--enable-add-ons=nptl,ports`.

That should get you started.

If you are cross-compiling you should set --build, --host and --target
appropriately.

Cheers,
Carlos.