Re: Subject: single-precision "expf" super slow on x86-64??

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> That's the 2.13 code; the current master has replaced the above FPU
> fiddling with some sort of macro... and now the _double_ version of
> the C code does some FPU fiddling too...
>
> Is there a better mailing list to post to? ?I'd be interested some
> maintainer's viewpoint on this stuff...

Miles,

Paul is a maintainer, and so am I :-)

Could you to try again against glibc trunk and see if the issue is
still present?

The community has done a lot of work to fix up libm after the 2.15 release.

If you don't have time to test against glibc trunk please file a bug
in bugzilla and ensure that you mark it with component=math.

Cheers,
Carlos.