Re: glibc testsuite questions

On 9/11/2012 1:14 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> I have a basic glibc testing questions that I didn't
> see answered in the glibc wiki.  Can you test glibc with a
> simulator?  Or do you need to be on a system where the test
> executables can be run directly?
>
> I am building glibc as part of a cross-gcc compiler tool
> chain and was wondering if I could test glibc with a
> simulator like I do when testing GCC.
>
> FYI: I do have a native MIPS machine and am trying to run the
> test suite on it.  So far I have one failure:
>
> [/home2/sje/gcc_native/obj-native/glibc/localedata/tst-fmon.out] Error 1
>
> From tst-fmon.out (not all failures shown):
>
> Locale: "de_DE.ISO-8859-1" Format: "%n" Value: "1.23" Received: "1,23 EUR" Expec
> ted: "	1,23 EUR" => false
> Locale: "de_DE.ISO-8859-1" Format: "%n" Value: "-1.23" Received: "-1,23 EUR" Exp
> ected: "	-1,23 EUR" => false
>
> Has anyone else seen this failure?  I looked at the test results in the
> Wiki and only saw two listings, an up-to-date one for x86_64, and a very
> old hppa one.  Neither of them show this failure.

I have not seen that failure before.

You may want to reach out to Gentoo or other distros
to see what their glibc test failures look like.
The distro maintainers are listed here:

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS

Building and validating a cross toolchain is a difficult
process and the failures vary by compiler, environment,
and flags.

I would be very happy to have you provide a MIPS testsuite
failure list and add it to the wiki to help other developers.

e.g.

http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.17

Cheers,
Carlos.