porting glibc to my OS

Im trying to write my own os.
I built an empty cross compiler and binutils already configured

target: i386-pc-elf
host: win32 via Mingw

and now i need a c library to truily build a kernal but i dont have any of the sys dependent function calls for my kernal because i dont know what functions to impliment. is there a list that i can use as a refrence to start building into the kernal for glibc to use inorder to build glibc its self.

my list of steps that i understand to implement in order to build a kernal is as follows

1> Build an empty binutils and cross compiler
2>build kernal and the sys calls for my kernal
3>build cross glibc targeted for my kernal/system and install/place/link into my cross gcc compiler
4>rebuild cross compiler with my cross compiler, cross glibc and cross binutils
5> Build the c++ components of cross-gcc with the out put of step 4
6> add functionabilty to said kernal<Shell, Memmory Management, etc>.

the part that im missing is what functions in my kernal that are mandatory to impliment in order to build glibc and what format <declarition> to use

       Thank you for your time and effort
         Eric Womer

P.S. What else am i missing if any thing.