Re: [BUG] ports using --with-headers

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 01:03:32AM +0900, Atsushi Nemoto wrote:
> I suppose the error was caused by following lines in nscd/Makefile:
>
> # The configure.in check for libselinux and its headers did not use
> # $SYSINCLUDES.  The directory specified by --with-headers usually
> # contains only the basic kernel interface headers, not something like
> # libselinux.  So the simplest thing is to presume that the standard
> # system headers will be ok for this file.
> $(objpfx)nscd_stat.o: sysincludes = # nothing
> $(objpfx)selinux.o: sysincludes = # nothing

Yes, Jim reached the same conclusion.  I recommend filing it in
Bugzilla, if he didn't.

> The 'standard system headers' are not yet built in this stage of
> cross-compiling from scratch.  How can we resolve this ?

Well, I deal with entirely by accident.  I don't use --with-headers; I
arrange for my headers to be found some other way, e.g. by configuring
the initial compiler using a sysroot.  Other than that, I don't know.
Maybe conditionalize the above make fragment on the availability of
SELinux.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery