Re: GLIBC PowerPC CPU tuned addon V0.1

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Lior Balkohen wrote:

> 2006/4/20, Steven Munroe <munroesj@us.ibm.com>:
> >What about 405fp anf 440fp?. For example you could put all the
> >integer/string code in ./powerpc32/440 and create a ./powerpc32/440fp/
> >which contains an Impiles file that refers back to ./powerpc32/440/. Of
> >course any 440fp float code would go in ./powerpc32/440fp/fpu. This
> >would allow some testing of the configurarion and if you have 440fp
> >hardware "make check" some of the code.
> >>Probably I have to wait until it's fixed.
> >Nofpu support for long double on my list, but higher priority work has
> >pushed it back. It will be a few weeks.
>
> OK, I'll give it a try within the next few days...

If this 405 and 440 work includes string functions, how does their
performance compare to that of IBM's optimized 4xx string function library
(see e.g.
<http://www-03.ibm.com/chips/power/powerpc/newsletter/sep2003/ppc_process_at_work2.html>)?
CodeSourcery has been discussing with IBM the possibility of contributing
this library to the FSF and adding it to this add-on.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com