Re: GLIBC PowerPC CPU tuned addon V0.1

2006/4/20, Joseph S. Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com>:
> If this 405 and 440 work includes string functions, how does their
> performance compare to that of IBM's optimized 4xx string function library
> (see e.g.
> <http://www-03.ibm.com/chips/power/powerpc/newsletter/sep2003/ppc_process_at_work2.html>)?
> CodeSourcery has been discussing with IBM the possibility of contributing
> this library to the FSF and adding it to this add-on.

This "405 and 440 work" is exactly that what you mention here, viz
"IBM PowerPC Performance Libraries"
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ppcperflib).

Actually, that what I'll send is simple copy&paste from it.  And I did
not know that CodeSourcery has been discussing with IBM the
possibility of contributing it.  I thought, the IBM copyright header
is clear enough.

What should I do now?  Wait for the CodeSourcery or just send patches
and let decide others what to do with them?