Re: do-lookup.h regarding to mips/dlsym and libstdc++

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 11:51:56AM -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:
> On MIPS, the DEFAULT returns the address of this libraries undefined
> symbol for the extern and NEXT returns our external procedure.  Putting
> in a second RTLD_NEXT call returned the real sigaction address.
>
> This worked for most procedures we are looking for. However, during
> booting, we have an app that uses a specific library which has an extern
> for sigaction as well and now in the preloaded code we need a fourth call
> to dlsym to skip that one.

Hi folks,

This bug is fixed as a by-product of support for non-PIC MIPS
executables.  Either Richard's patch or CodeSourcery's, applied to
glibc, should suffice.  It'll be another week or two at least before
they're applied to CVS, but in the mean time you can find them here:

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-06/msg00280.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-07/msg00008.html

--
Daniel Jacobowitz