Status of Alpha Port?

Hi,

Alpha was moved to ports in December, since no one was maintaining it.

What are the implications of it being moved to ports? Do we have to
have an active maintainer in order for patches to be accepted?

I know Alpha assembly but I don't think I know enough about glibc to
be the maintainer, though I'd certainly like to see it actively
maintained on Alpha.

I'm trying to persuade HP to GPL their libots and libcpml so we can
include bits in glibc, but I'm not sure this would be possible without
an Alpha maintainer.

Thanks,

Matt