porting glibc on top of another elf loader

hi,

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been playing with porting an
unmodified glibc binary on top of another elf loader than the default
libc loader. I am clearly in the land of unsupported crap so, I don't
expect much help but I have been focusing on the TLS support of my elf
loader recently and I had a couple of questions about the glibc elf
loader tls support. I spent a good while reading the glibc elf loader
code and I am curious about its tls data structures. Specifically, I
wonder why the loader keeps track of all tls block information in a
specific data structure (dtv_slotinfo_list) when it could much more
simply move all this information (module index, generation, in each
struct link_map. Are there performance considerations which lead to
this decision ?

Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu.lacage@gmail.com>