Re: tarballs

> I've been passed the hat to make tarballs of glibc, and it would be
> nice to have tarballs of glibc-ports avaiable on ftp.gnu.org beside
> the glibc tarballs as well.

Note we also put them on ftp://sourceware.org/pub/glibc/releases/

> Do you have any thoughts, tips or anything else about the whole idea?
> How are tags of glibc-ports handled (same manner as glibc?)?

How it's been in the past is that Daniel made tags shortly after the main
tree's tags, and then made those tarballs to upload at the same time I did
the main ones.

The glibc-2_8 and glibc-2_9 tags already exist in the ports module.
~drow on sourceware has glibc-ports-2.8.tar.{bz2,gz} but not 2.9 files.

Thanks,
Roland