Re: onwards to git

I agree with the consensus that we want to keep the one ports tree we have.
Using git already means there is a much better way to manage the commits
than we have had before.

Each port has an authoritative person or set of people.  Those maintainers
will fork their own active-work repositories from the canonical ports git
repository and easily share them amongst themselves (even without using
extra git magic, the whole ports repo is ~6M, easy to host a copy on your
own web servers).  Then post a "git request-pull" message, and a ports
gatekeeper can do a trivial pull/push operation to merge the trees.

Given the lack of access control in our git setup, it's in fact easy for
any individual port maintainer to just do "git push" when approved.

Thanks,
Roland