Re: onwards to git

> I'm working on the website update and I have some questions...

This is slightly premature, in that we have not actually established the
detailed conventions for the git repository.

> Q: How do I checkout the glibc-2_9-branch from git?
>
> A: Checkout the sources from the glibc-2_9 tag into a local branch
> named glibc-2_9-branch
> git checkout -b glibc-2_9-branch glibc-2_9

The only branches/tags today are the cvs/* ones (e.g. cvs/glibc-2_9-branch).
Those branch names will not be part of any recommended procedure.

We can start hashing out the conventions for glibc-ports.git now.
But, we would like to harmonize those with the glibc.git conventions
for the most part.  Those conventions will be hashed out on libc-hacker
and/or libc-alpha rather than here.

For right now, you can write draft web pages with instructions and examples
that say <placeholder:branch-name-here> (or whatever you like).  Later only
the names will be changed to protect the innocent.

Thanks,
Roland