Re: configure libc-ports push/commit hook to email diffs to which list?

I think the huge posts were from not-really-commits.
i.e., branch juggling, etc. where what was pushed did not
actually contain any new commits, or just merges or suchlike.

In a few of the juggling operations, after 'git push' it was sitting there
for a really long time and when I looked on sourceware I had various
processes chugging heavily inside that email script.  For some of those I
got scared about it emailing the entire repository and killed them (or just
got impatient and killed them).

I guess a size limit would cover the egregious situations generically.  But
I wonder if the script ought to be smarter about not reporting so much for
pushes that are not simple commits on a mainline branch.  Also I don't know
whether or not everyone on glibc-cvs wants to get oodles of messages about
private branches, etc.

While I'm at it, I wonder if we could rename the mailing list to
glibc-commits and move its membership over without especial pain.
Not that it really matters, but the list name is now fairly goofy.

Furthermore, I noticed that the archive at
http://sourceware.org/ml/glibc-cvs/2009-q2/threads.html
has not gotten anything from my pushes, though I saw some
of those messages hit other non-canonical list archives around the net.

Thanks,
Roland