Will the alpha port be usable for 2.11?

Dear libc porters...

For the past days I tried to update an install of Source Mage GNU/Linux
(the _other_ source-based distro, of which I probably have the only
Alpha install;-) on my Compaq XP1000 Alpha box, being stuck at
glibc-2.10.1 being reluctant to build for many reasons. I tried the
glibc-ports with lots of patches from Aurelien, basing on his git
repository, grabbing alpha-specific patches from gentoo...

...and in the end realizing that there is not much to gain except pain.
So, from reading in various sources I gather that the Alpha port of
glibc is largely broken since some time now -- though I see that the
update to 2.7 still worked, apparently (since the box is running that
now).

Before I go into detail and bore people with my specific build errors,
which would also probably not be that appropriate for this list, I just
would like to know if the upcoming glibc ports in version 2.11 is
supposed to include a working alpha port. I mean one, that works as-is,
without adding further patches, as that is what Source Mage likes to
use: Vanilla upstream sources, if possible.

I can volunteer to do a bit of testing on my setup to support that goal,
which at least adds a bit of diversity to the current resources, I
guess.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.