Re: Will the alpha port be usable for 2.11?

Am Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:22:40 -0500
schrieb Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>:

> On Sunday 08 November 2009 11:17:06 Thomas Orgis wrote:
> > [alpha support in glibc-ports 2.11]
>
> it is not
> -mike

Oh, thanks for the quick answer. So I suppose the only way to get
recent glibc working on alpha would be to mirror the patches gentoo
uses? Or is the ebuild also broken? I mean, in that case I would know
that I should either drop it or downgrade our glibc spell to 2.7, the
last known-to-work version.

It's a bit sad, though. But I see the point that there are limited
resources to maintain the port. Heck, I don't even have the free time
that I spent already on taking care of the Source Mage port to alpha.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.