Re: Adding CFI statements to ARM's assembly code

Hello!

On 2009-12-31 16:57, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> Please let me know if your list of files still needing updating is
> different.

Does sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/eabi/sigrestorer.S need any treatment?
It's probably not worth it.

In sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/eabi/sysdep.h:INTERNAL_SYSCALL_RAW for
[__thumb__], should we, depending on defined (__GCC_HAVE_DWARF2_CFI_ASM),
emit CFI statements to handle r7's modification and restoral?  We can't
emit CFI statements unconditionally, as it's GCC's decision whether to
emit .cfi_startproc or not, and in the latter case we're not allowed to
using them in inline assembly.

> I think the changes in the five-patch series starting at
> <http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2009-12/msg00020.html> are correct; it's
> just that more files need updating for the series to be able to go in.

This thread now contains all I have done.

Regards,
 Thomas