Re: Adding CFI statements to ARM's assembly code

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:55:03AM +0100, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> > The signal restorer functions are somewhat special.  It's easiest to
> > not give them CFI, because GDB and GCC know how to handle them if they
> > don't have CFI.  If you do, we have to be pretty careful with it
> > (and e.g. use .cfi_signal_frame).
>
> In my reading of binutils' gas/dw2gencfi.c, .cfi_signal_frame is not
> relevant to .debug_frame sections, but only to .eh_frame (which on the
> other hand is not relevant for ARM); cf. use of signal_frame in
> output_cie.  But perhaps I'm missing something?

gas only emits it for .eh_frame, you are correct.  However, it could
emit it for .debug_frame too; GDB will parse it.

The easiest solution is most likely to avoid .cfi_startproc in this
file.  For instance you could redefine cfi_startproc.

> Shall I put a comment into the code then?

Sounds fine.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery