Re: ports support for e300c2/c3

Ryan Arnold <ryan.arnold@gmail.com> wrote on 2010/09/27 16:47:12:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Joakim Tjernlund
> <joakim.tjernlund@transmode.se> wrote:
> > Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote on 2010/09/25 19:57:18:

> >> Since you're not adding any function implementations optimized for these
> >> processors, what purpose does this patch serve? ?Or do you plan to add
> >> such implementations in a followup?
> >
> > Just want get --with-cpu to work ATM and mark e300c2 as soft fp only as it doesn't
> > have a fpu . I will have to get back with further enchantments as I discover them.
>

> Hi Jocke,
>
> I tend to agree with Joseph on this one.  You can use the --without-fp
> configure switch in the meantime to achieve the same result until such
> time that you actually have some files to populate the directories
> with.  I don't see any abnormal inheritance path via Implies in your
> patch so you should be fine without it.

What about ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/nofpu?
There you have non FP versions of {get,set,swap}context. I need those for e300c2
Will these be used by glibc without this patch?

I don't quite get the Implies file is seems as I just noticed this too:
ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/e300c2/nofpu configure: WARNING: ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/e300c2/nofpu/Implies specifies nonexistent powerpc/powerpc32/nofpu
configure: WARNING: ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/e300c2/nofpu/Implies specifies nonexistent powerpc/powerpc32/soft-fp
How does it work?

         Jocke